A delicious cappuccino is the perfect cup of coffee to start your morning off right. At Café du Jour, you will find delicious coffee beans to make the most delicious cappuccino!
Where does the name cappuccino come from?
The name cappuccino comes from the colour of the habit worn by Capuchin monks. This colour resembles the colour of a perfect cappuccino, which consists of an equal ratio of steamed milk, frothed milk and espresso.
What is a good cappuccino?
Making a good cappuccino starts with the espresso. This is brewed at the perfect pressure and grind level to bring out the flavours and aromas in the best possible way. Next, the milk is steamed to the right temperature and texture. To make a cappuccino, the milk is frothed into microfoam, which ensures a silky smooth texture and a perfect ratio of milk to espresso.
Variations of cappuccino
Another variation of cappuccino is the latte macchiato. This involves first pouring steamed milk into a cup and then pouring the espresso on top. This creates a beautiful layering effect and a slightly different taste experience.
Besides cappuccino and latte macchiato, there is also Caffé latte. This coffee variant has more milk than a cappuccino. This makes the cappuccino flavour softer and less pronounced, but still delicious.
- Hausbrandt Venezia - Coffee beans - 1 kiloChocolate, Herbs Strong (3/4)As low as 14,5115.67 / kg
- Idee Kaffee Espresso - coffee beans - 1 kiloIdee KaffeeAs low as 11,4312.08 / kg
- Idee Kaffee Caffè Crema - coffee beans - 1 kiloFloral Medium (2/4)As low as 11,4312.08 / kg
- Lavazza Caffè Crema Barista Delicato - coffee beans - 1 kiloChocolate Medium (2/4)As low as 13,7514.23 / kg
- SUN Santa Rosa Medium Roast Fairtrade - coffee beans - 1 kiloFloral, Chocolate Medium (2/4)As low as 19,919.90 / kg
- Costa Coffee Colombian Roast - coffee beans - 500 gramsFruity Medium (2/4)As low as 11,8825.92 / kg
- Costa Coffee Signature Blend Medium Roast - coffee beans - 1 kiloNuts Medium (2/4)As low as 16,4717.98 / kg
- Passalacqua Harem - coffee beans - 1 kiloFloral, Fruity Medium (2/4)As low as 30,232.60 / kg
- Lavazza Crema e Gusto Classico - coffee beans - 1 kiloHerbs Strong (3/4)As low as 12,1713.01 / kg
- Caffè Miglior Originale - coffee beans - 1 kiloChocolate, Herbs Very strong (4/4)As low as 14,7515.76 / kg
- Café du Jour - personalised bag with photo label - freshly roasted coffeeChocolate, Nuts Strong (3/4)12.9551.80 / kg
- Kimbo Superior Blend - coffee beans - 1 kiloHerbs Strong (3/4)As low as 13,3913.85 / kg
- Lucaffé 100% arabica Mister Exclusive - coffee beans - 1 kiloFruity, Nuts Medium (2/4)As low as 21,5622.05 / kg
- Lavazza Caffè Crema Gustoso - coffee beans - 1 kiloHerbs Very strong (4/4)As low as 12,5112.80 / kg
- Caffè Vergnano 1882 Espresso Decaffeinato - coffee beans - 1 kiloFloral, Chocolate Strong (3/4)As low as 13,0913.38 / kg
- Sample pack - budget coffee beans - 4 kilos
33.87 Regular Price 35.37
- MrKoffieboon Espresso - coffee beans - 1 kiloChocolate, Fruity Strong (3/4)Regular Price 10.00 Special Price 8.508.50 / kg
- Lucaffe Lucaffetteria - coffee beans - 700 gramsChocolate, Nuts Strong (3/4)As low as 19,7626.71 / kg
- Lucaffé Decaffeinato - coffee beans - 700 gramsLucafféAs low as 16,4923.83 / kg
- Lucaffé Pulcinella - coffee beans - 700 gramsChocolate Strong (3/4)As low as 13.3319.49 / kg
- Lucaffé Classic - coffee beans - 700 gramsChocolate Medium (2/4)As low as 13.3319.49 / kg
- Segafredo Speciale Dolce - coffee beans - 1 kiloSegafredoRegular Price 16.95 Special Price 14.4114.41 / kg
- Segafredo Speciale Espresso - coffee beans - 1 kiloChocolate Medium (2/4)As low as 14,7516.10 / kg
- Costa Coffee Signature Blend Dark Roast - coffee beans - 1 kiloChocolate, Nuts Strong (3/4)As low as 14,7516.10 / kg
- Costa Coffee Bright Blend - coffee beans - 1 kiloChocolate, Fruity Medium (2/4)As low as 16,4717.04 / kg
- Hausbrandt H. Hausbrandt - Coffee beans - 1 kiloHausbrandtAs low as 20,8520.85 / kg
- De Roccis Qualità Oro Intenso - coffee beans - 1 kiloHerbs, Nuts Very strong (4/4)As low as 7,777.95 / kg
- Lavazza Gold tasting pack - coffee beans - 2 x 1 kiloLavazza
33.02 Regular Price 34.75
- Lavazza Blue line tasting pack - coffee beans - 3 x 1 kiloLavazza
46.63 Regular Price 49.08
- Lavazza Expert (vending) tasting pack - coffee beans - 4 x 1 kiloLavazza
47.82 Regular Price 51.79
- Lavazza Barista tasting pack - coffee beans - 3 x 1 kiloLavazza
46.76 Regular Price 49.22
- Coffee pack "Extra Espresso" - coffee beans - 3 x 1 kilo
37.25 Regular Price 41.58
- Starter pack - Espresso quarter - accessories and 2 kilos of coffee beans
36.40 Regular Price 39.35
- Starter pack - Cappuccino - accessories and 2 kg coffee beans
61.20 Regular Price 67.57
- Lavazza Expert Crema Classica - coffee beans - 1 kiloChocolate, Herbs Strong (3/4)As low as 12,5913.02 / kg
- Izzo® Vivi Caffè Giamaica - coffee beans - 1 kiloChocolate, Nuts Very strong (4/4)As low as 10,5210.76 / kg
- Caffé Izzo® Supermiscela - coffee beans - 1 kiloFruity, Nuts Strong (3/4)As low as 14,7915.30 / kg
- Caffé Izzo® Silver - Coffee beans - 250 gramsCaffè Izzo®As low as 4,7117.84 / kg
- Lavazza Super Gusto - coffee beans - 1 kiloLavazzaAs low as 16,3916.39 / kg
- Piazza d'Oro Intenso - coffee beans - 1 kiloHerbs Strong (3/4)Regular Price 15.81 Special Price 13.4413.44 / kg
- Piazza d'Oro Forza - coffee beans - 1 kiloChocolate Strong (3/4)As low as 13,7514.23 / kg
- Pellini TOP 100% Arabica - coffee beans - 1 kiloFruity Medium (2/4)As low as 17,7917.79 / kg
- Mancuso Caffe Qualita Crema - coffee beans - 1 kiloGorillaAs low as 10,7110.95 / kg
- Gorilla Crema No.1 - coffee beans - 1 kiloFloral Medium (2/4)As low as 14.1914.68 / kg
- Gorilla Espresso Delicato - coffee beans - 1 kiloFloral, Chocolate, Nuts Medium (2/4)As low as 14.0714.55 / kg
- Gorilla Kaffeehaus Mischung - coffee beans - 1 kiloFloral, Nuts Medium (2/4)As low as 13,313.60 / kg
- Gorilla Super Bar Crema - coffee beans - 1 kiloChocolate Strong (3/4)As low as 12,5312.96 / kg
A delicious cappuccino can also be finished off with latte art, where a piece of art is created on the cup with the frothed milk. For example, you can think of a cute heart or a leaf. This takes not only the taste experience, but also the presentation of the coffee to the next level.
Making perfect cappuccino: Tips & tricks!
A cappuccino is a drink consisting of espresso, steamed milk and milk foam. It is one of the most popular coffee drinks in the world and is served in coffee bars worldwide. Making the perfect cappuccino is a real art. To help you with this, we share some valuable tips:
Ingredients for a cappuccino
To make a perfect cappuccino, you need the following ingredients: espresso, steamed milk and milk foam. It is important to get the proportions right, and the ratio most baristas use is 1/3 espresso, 1/3 steamed milk and 1/3 milk foam.
Follow these steps
To make the perfect cappuccino, follow these steps:
- Start with a strong espresso of 14-33g.
- Steam whole milk until the temperature is between 60-70°C.
- Pour the milk into the espresso.
- Add the milk foam, making sure it is well mixed with the espresso.
- Use latte art to make the cappuccino extra fancy.
Alternative types of milk
If you are not a fan of whole milk, you can also use almond milk to make your cappuccino. Steam the milk the same way as regular milk and you will still get the same delicious taste.
Other popular coffee drinks
Not so keen on cappuccinos? Then there are plenty of other coffees to choose from. For example, a latte macchiato is similar to a cappuccino, but with more steamed milk. A caffè latte, in turn, is similar to a latte macchiato, but contains more espresso.
Milk foam is the key ingredient for making a perfect cappuccino. It is the airy and creamy texture of the milk froth that distinguishes a cappuccino from a regular cup of coffee. But how do you prepare the perfect milk froth?
First, you need to heat the milk. Do this by pouring the milk into a pan and heating it over low heat. Make sure not to let the hot milk boil, otherwise the flavour and texture of the milk will change.
When the milk has reached the right temperature, you can start mixing it to create the milk foam. You can do this using a milk frother or by whisking the milk manually. Mixing will create tiny bubbles in the milk, transforming it into milk foam.
To make the milk froth even creamier, you can add a little cream to the milk before mixing it with the espresso and steamed milk. This gives the milk froth a fuller flavour and richer texture.
Different types of coffee
Besides cappuccino, there are other types of coffee. Other well-known types of coffee are:
- Flat white
- Latte macchiato
Espresso coffee is an intense and concentrated coffee that can give the perfect kickstart to your morning. It is made by pressing hot water under high pressure through finely ground coffee beans. The result is a rich and powerful shot of coffee that tastes great.
Flat white coffee is a milk coffee. It is a combination of a double espresso and steamed milk, but what really sets this coffee apart is the texture of the milk. In a flat white, the milk is steamed until fine bubbles form, resulting in a silky and velvety texture.
Latte macchiato is made by pouring a shot of espresso over steamed milk, resulting in a white layer of milk with a small amount of coffee. A small amount of milk foam is then poured on top of the milk to create the familiar layers.
A cortado is made from an espresso. The espresso is cut by hot milk. About the same amount of milk as espresso goes into it. The milk in a Cortado has no foam.
Order your cappuccino now at Café du Jour
At Café du Jour you order the tastiest fresh coffee beans. After years of experience with various types of coffee beans, we have created the best coffee flavours. Café du Jour fresh coffee beans are roasted daily in small batches to be then tasted and assessed by the roasting master. Once approved, these freshly roasted beans are checked and filtered for any irregularities. After this, we package the beans and they are sealed and labelled with that day's roast date.
As a coffee lover, there is nothing better than waking up to a perfectly brewed cappuccino. With a fully automatic coffee machine and a handy milk frother, you can enjoy this delicious drink within minutes. Whether you are looking for a classic cappuccino with a thick layer of foam, or a variant with a twist; the possibilities are endless. And let's be honest, what would life be without the taste of cappuccino? Cappuccinos are simply delicious. The best cappuccinos are made with Café du Jour coffee beans!