- Calming - herbal tea 100 grams - Café du Jour loose teaCafé du JourAs low as 4,545.00 / kg
- Citrus & Verveine - Kruidenthee 100 gram - Café du Jour losse theeCafé du JourAs low as 4.7547.50 / kg
- Star mix without mint - Herbal tea 100 grams - Café du Jour loose teaCafé du JourAs low as 4,249.90 / kg
- Yerba Mate Orange - Herbal tea 100 grams - Café du Jour loose teaCafé du JourAs low as 4,247.30 / kg
- Café du Jour fresh loose tea - spicy quartet - 4 x 100gCafé du Jour
16.96 Regular Price 21.00
- Café du Jour fresh loose tea - total package - 8 x 100 gramsCafé du Jour
39.64 Regular Price 44.45
- Letterbox gift - loose tea starter pack 'light' - 3-4 itemsCafé du Jour
14.12 Regular Price 21.94
- Sleeping Beauty - herbal tea 100 grams - Café du Jour loose teaCafé du JourAs low as 4,654.60 / kg
- Fresh Herbs - herbal tea 100 grams - Café du Jour loose teaCafé du JourAs low as 4,7547.50 / kg
- Glühwein Tea - herbal tea 100 grams - Café du Jour loose teaCafé du JourAs low as 4.6246.20 / kg
- Cistus Incanus herb cut - 500 grams15.9531.90 / kg
Are you ready to dive into the world of herbal tea? Herbal tea is a versatile hot drink made from various herbs. Drinking herbal teas is a popular choice for lovers of natural ways to enjoy tea. Whether you like loose herbal tea or tea in tea bags, there are different types of herbal teas in our range to suit your taste preferences.
The Netherlands and herbal tea
Herbal tea is very popular in the Netherlands, but actually, herbal tea is quite different from ordinary tea. When you think of ordinary tea, you probably think of varieties such as liquorice or star mint, tea made with the tea plant as an ingredient. Herbal tea, on the other hand, is a simple umbrella term for all "teas" made with fruits, flowers and other plants.
What is herbal tea?
Herbal tea is made by steeping dried leaves, flowers, seeds, bark or roots of various plants and herbs in hot water. It (usually) contains no caffeine, unlike ordinary tea, which is made from the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant. People around the world enjoy herbal tea for its aromatic flavour, numerous health benefits and calming effects.
Delve into the history of herbal tea
Drinking herbal tea has a long history dating back thousands of years. Various cultures around the world, including ancient civilisations in China, Egypt, India and Greece, have used the healing properties of herbs and plants to make medicinal drinks. The knowledge and traditions of preparing herbal tea were passed down from generation to generation, and today it has become an integral part of many cultures and alternative medicine practices.
Herbal tea healthy?
Herbal tea is known for its many health benefits. Each herbal tea has its own unique composition of active compounds, such as antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals, which contribute to its specific benefits. Some common benefits of herbal teas include relieving stress and anxiety, promoting good digestion, strengthening the immune system, improving sleep, reducing inflammation and promoting an overall sense of well-being. Drinking herbal tea can be a natural and healthy way to address various health problems and support the body.
One of the most popular herbal teas is black tea. But besides black tea, there are countless other options. Have you ever enjoyed your favourite herbal tea with various herbs such as chamomile, ginger or rooibos? These herbal teas are made from leaves and herbs sourced from various countries, such as South Africa. The flavours of these herbal teas are as varied as their healthy properties.
Antioxidants and herbal teas
Antioxidants are an important feature of herbal teas. They are extracted from various plants and herbs, including blackcurrant, which have positive effects on health. Herbal teas can contribute to a healthy lifestyle and support the immune system. Moreover, they can help with digestion, relieve headaches and boost the skin.
Different types of herbal teas
Herbal teas come in many flavours and varieties. The choice is endless! Add some lemongrass for a touch of freshness or opt for a potent combination of different plants, such as passion flower, valerian and chamomile.
Types of ingredients
Whether you are a fan of classic herbal teas, such as chamomile or peppermint, or prefer to venture into exotic blends, there is always an herbal tea to suit your taste buds. It is a delight to enjoy a warm cup of herbal tea after a long day, or to start the day with as an invigorating morning drink.
Our herbal teas contain a blend of different types of herbs. Here are some examples:
- Fresh Herbs: A delicious herbal blend of nettle, liquorice, fennel, elderflower, peppermint and lemongrass provides a lovely fresh taste that will pamper you well after a long day.
- Sleeping Beauty: The tastiest cup of tea before bed. A soothing tea with an herbal blend including Valerian and St. John's Wort. Gives calmness and promotes sleep.
- Inspiracion: For the Picassos and Rembrandts among us, inspiracion is a perfect tea. With ginger, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves, it has a great flavour and smells delicious too.
- Nature Chai: Take a moment for yourself and enjoy Chai spices on a base of black tea. Including ginger and cinnamon, this tea provides a delicious flavour and a real moment of rest.
One of the most popular ingredients in herbal teas is ginger, which not only gives a delicious flavour but is also known for its anti-inflammatory properties and promoting digestion. Rooibos is another popular choice, with its mild and sweet flavour, and it is known for its antioxidant and calming effects.
Discover the versatility of herbal teas
Herbal tea is a versatile beverage that you can drink at any time of the day. Whether you need a moment of rest and relaxation, or just need an energy boost, there is always an herbal tea to suit your needs. So take a moment for yourself, brew a cup of herbal tea and enjoy the delicious flavours and healthy benefits it offers.
Loose herbal teas
Discover the rich world of loose herbal tea, in which a variety of herbs come together to offer a unique tea experience. Herbal teas are a popular choice for those who like to enjoy tea naturally. With different flavours and properties, they offer a wide range of options to choose from.
If you are looking for a spicy and warming tea, try a blend with ginger and rooibos. These herbal teas not only have a delicious flavour but also offer numerous health benefits. They are caffeine-free and contain natural ingredients that can make you feel refreshed.
Lemongrass is another popular ingredient often used in herbal teas. It adds an invigorating and citrusy flavour to tea, providing a refreshing and uplifting experience. Moreover, lemongrass also has calming properties that can help with relaxation and reducing stress.
Order fresh herbal tea at Café du Jour
Buying herbal teas at Café du Jour is easy as there is a wide range of flavours and blends available. So what are you waiting for? Explore the world of loose herbal tea and enjoy the delicious flavours and healthy properties of different herbs and plants. Be surprised by the variety of blends, such as a refreshing Yerba Mate Orange with lemon or a relaxing blend Sleeping Hat, which contains valerian. Herbal tea is not just a drink, but an experience that stimulates your senses and supports your well-being.
Order now from Café du Jour and experience the diversity for yourself and enjoy every sip!