Gene Café CBR101 coffee roaster (black) professional starter pack incl. cooler
553.97 Regular Price 567.10
Hey! Ambition to become a roaster yourself of the finest specialty coffees you can find? You have just found your ideal match. This coffee roaster starter pack contains everything to start your own micro roastery within hours. Nice to enjoy at home with extremely freshly roasted coffee. But beware: if your friends and family get wind of this (and they do because it smells great) it's only a matter of time before they come to you for fresh coffee every day.
This package contains:
The Gene Café Coffee Roaster. A well thought-out, solid and silent home burner that is fully adjustable on temperature and time. Good for 250 grams of unroasted coffee at a time. The burning time is on average 13 to 17 minutes per batch.
6 x 250 grams of green coffee beans:
- 2 x 250 grams Cerrado (Brazil) from the Vinhal family from Fazenda Recanto
- 2 x 250 grams Yirgacheffe (Ethiopia)
- 2 x 250 grams Raja Gayo Sumatra (Indonesia)
6 x kraft bag for storing or giving away a maximum of 500 grams of coffee per bag (resealable with zipper)
Always use under supervision. Do not lose sight while burning.
The Gene Cafe CBR-101 coffee roaster
The Gene Cafe CBR-101 is known as an excellent electric roaster that is suitable for about 250 grams of green coffee. Suitable for both novice and experienced home burners. Convenient time and temperature controls and a full glass roasting chamber make it easy to start your first roast right away. As you become more experienced, you will soon give your own twist to the brandings and put together a brand profile. The CBR-101 uses a unique downward rotating vortex drum which ensures a very even roast.
- Capacity: 50 - 250 grams
- Weight: 5.5 kg
- Voltage: 220 - 240
- Dimensions (WxHxL): 49cm x 24.3cm x 22.9cm
- max. wattage: 1300 watts
- You will soon notice that you tend to burn too dark. Better not do that because the best flavors from the coffee are lost with a dark roast. In addition, dark roasted coffee beans are bad for fully automatic coffee machines.
- Always stay near the burner while burning for fire safety reasons and to hear the 1st and/or 2nd crack while burning.
- Because of the loss in moisture during roasting, you will always have about 20% less roasted coffee beans by weight than you put in unroasted beans.
- Use under the hood or near an open window due to smoke development
- Use 250 grams of unroasted coffee beans per batch. If you use less the burn time will be shorter, if you use more the burn time will be longer. Always keep this in mind when trying to repeat a burn profile.
- Start with a temperature of +/- 235 degrees and experiment from there for your next roasts. For example, if you are a bit more experienced, you can start with the highest temperature and turn the temperature lower and lower after the first crack of the beans.
- Try to cool the beans as quickly as possible after roasting, for example by rocking them back and forth in a sieve.
- Remove membranes from the burner after each roast. Every 20 roasts, remove the fleece catcher from the machine and clean it in warm water (let it dry well afterwards). Any remaining oiliness makes no difference to the fire quality, but in very serious cases you should clean it to avoid a fire hazard.
- After roasting, wait at least 4 to 24 hours before using the coffee to make coffee. The coffee tastes best between days 3 and 5 after roasting.
- We have a wide range of unroasted coffee beans that you can experiment with.
Gene Café CBC101 coffee bean cooler
Coffee that has just come out of the roaster must be cooled below 30 degrees within a few minutes to ensure that the beans do not bake further and the quality does not deteriorate. With the CBR101 coffee cooler from Gene Café, that is no longer a problem. After roasting, you put the hot coffee beans in the cooler. Your coffee is at the right temperature within 1 minute per 400 grams of coffee beans (maximum capacity is 500 grams). Ideal to use in combination with the Gene Café CBR101 coffee roaster, which does not have a cooling function of its own.
Specifications of the cooler:
- 42W / 220V~240V, 60HZ
- European / Dutch plug
- Net weight: 2 kilo
- Cooling time depending on bean type and temperature: about 1 minute for 250 to 400 grams of beans.
- Width 21.7cm
- Depth 25 cm
- Height 13.5cm
Unroasted coffee beans
This package contains 6 packages of 250 grams of coffee beans. 2x Cerrado from the Vinhal family from Fazenda Recanto in Brazil: an accessible bean that is easy to practice with. 2x Ethiopia Yirgacheffe , grown at 1700+ meters is a fairly compact bean that requires some practice to burn. It is best to aim for something lighter, you will see that the final result is a bit dark. 2x Raja Gayo from Sumatra, Indonesia. A special bean with a spicy character.
Resealable coffee bags
This package also contains six resealable coffee bags with a pressure valve that you can use to store or give away the roasted coffee.
Always use coffee roasting equipment under supervision. Do not lose sight while burning.
2 year manufacturer's warranty